Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Meet Kodi ~ Featured Pet Friend

   
This is Kodiak.  But you can call him Kodi!    He's my friend.  Kodi is a Leonberger.  A Leonberger or "Leo's" are a giant breed from Germany.  According to legend...the Leo was bred as a "symbolic dog" that would mimic the lion on the town crest.   I don't know about any lions...but Kodi is a big cuddly teddy bear and as sweet as candy!  Leonberger's are known for their hard work and loyalty to their owners.  They are brave and intelligent.    



Kodi is part of my puppy-pup play group that meets once a week.   Kodi is our only Leonberger and he certainly stands out.  He's quite the flirt.   But Kodi's heart belongs to Athena (Golden Retriever), which just happens to be Griffin's sister.

If you ask his humans they say Kodi is a sweetheart of a dog, calm - even for a pup!  He loves to play tug-of-war with anyone who's interested.   His human momma (whom I'll call Mrs. Sky because she flies in big airplanes when she's working) tells me Kodi likes to lay on the floor looking at her pathetically.   I believe it's because he loves Mrs. Sky.  

Kodi's favorite treats are Bully Sticks, a Kong filled with cheese then frozen for a frosty treat and his doggy food.  He apparently loves food!    It's okay Kodi....you're a growing boy!

Kodi has passed his Canine Good Citizen and is currently in a novice training program for agility.  Next...how to be a therapy dog!     You go Kodi!!    

Keeping my paws crossed one day Kodi and I will work together in therapy!!

 Athena & Kodi


  Kodi...you're so handsome!



Be sure to stop by my Facebook page for more fun pictures of Kodi and my pack of friends!

Until next time,
Woofs,
Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment